Independent school board candidate Pat Waiters clarifies that she's not supporting either slate
Oct 09, 2012 | 4097 views | 3 3 comments | 31 31 recommendations | email to a friend | print

HOBOKEN -- Three-time Board of Education candidate Patricia Waiters said Tuesday that she is not in support of anyone but herself. After Sunday’s Hudson Reporter story, which profiled the seven candidates for November’s election, she said that some members of one slate concluded that Waiters was in support of the Move Forward ticket. A line in the Reporter story read “There are two slates running – Kids First (allied with Mayor Dawn Zimmer) and Move Forward, along with independent Patricia Waiters, who has run for the board before.” The line was misread by some, she said.

There are three seats in contention in the election.

Waiters said that over the weekend, Move Forward supporters took this statement, along with another statement by Waiters in which she criticized Kids First, to mean she was in support of Move Forward.

However, Waiters reiterated that she is not in support of either ticket. Last week, she said that that Kids First is in [the race] for the power. But today she wanted to add, “How can you ‘Move Forward’ with yesterday’s corruption?”



Comments
(3)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
WESTY
|
October 10, 2012
"How can you "Move Forward" with the corruption of the past ?"

Patricia Waiters
WESTY
|
October 09, 2012
Understandable. Many have us have seen the video on MSV of Ms. Waiters shouting down Michele Russo and Beth Mason's staffer Matt Callichio in lobby of City Hall.

The video showed Michael Russo's very upset mother repeatedly making a slash gesture across her throath when she realized she was being caught on video being repremanded by Ms. Waiters

Also if I am not mistaken wasn't Ms. Waiters car vandalized when she didn't support the OLD GUARD backed candidate for the 4th Ward ?

WESTY
|
October 09, 2012
The Move Forward ticket (allied with Hoboken's Old Guard politicos.)