Formula One race in Hudson County postponed until 2015, according to Wall Street Journal
Dec 04, 2013 | 1909 views | 0 0 comments | 53 53 recommendations | email to a friend | print
A scene from a Formula One press conference on the Hudson County waterfront last year.
A scene from a Formula One press conference on the Hudson County waterfront last year.
slideshow
HUDSON COUNTY -- The on-again, off-again 2014 Formula One Grand Prix race along the Hudson River is apparently off again, until 2015, according to the Wall Street Journal.

The newspaper quoted F-1 racing head Bernie Ecclestone as saying that the race on the streets of Weehawken and West New York will be delayed until 2015 for “lots and lots and lots of reasons."

Bloomberg news followed up on the account by trying to reach Ecclestone, but could not. They reported: "Race promoter Leo Hindery didn’t immediately answer an e-mail seeking comment, and Alex Howe, a spokesman for the Grand Prix of America at Port Imperial, said the group would not comment until after the release of the official 2014 F-1 calendar later this week."

The race had already been postponed from June of this past year.

Mayor Richard Turner of Weehawken told the Reporter earlier this year that his town was not putting together any events around the February, 2014 Super Bowl and was focusing on the June race.

Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet