Sugar, A Sweet Deception
Sugar is a sweet deception. Why? Many people don’t even know they’re addicted to it! Here are a few signs that you may have a sugar addiction:
● You feel irritable, dizzy, or shaky if you haven’t had sugar in a while.
● You crave sugary foods, even when you’re not hungry.
● You feel tired or sluggish after you eat sugary foods.
● Your reach for sugary foods to satisfy emotional need.
So how can you kick the habit and say “sayonara” to sugar for good?
A sugar addiction, like any other kind of addiction is best overcome slowly, weaning yourself off a little at a time. Quitting cold-turkey can be intense – you may feel irritable, tired, and even experience flu-like symptoms. Here are a few suggestions to make the transition easier:
● Substitute no-calorie herbal stevia for sugar in your food and drink.
● Use one less teaspoon of sugar in your coffee each week until you don’t use any at all.
● Mix juice in carbonated water as a substitute for soda.
● Keep fruit on-hand. Get your taste buds more acquainted with the natural sugars in fruits so you crave unhealthy sugars less.
● Try flavored seltzer water instead of soda.
● Use raw honey. Honey is the only natural sweetener that has other health benefits.
Weaning yourself off of sugar can be difficult – but the battle can be won! Don’t overwhelm yourself with lofty goals. Once you’ve mastered one of these suggestions move on to the next. You may be surprised that living without sugar is easier than you think!
Could you use a few more suggestions to kick the sugar habit, get more energy, and maintain a healthy weight? A cleanse may be just what you need. As a certified clinical nutritionist I’ve set out to answer the most common questions I hear from people about cleansing, helping you decide if a cleanse is right for you. Download it here: http://bit.ly/1oHfKGQ
Tony Ortiz is a Certified Clinical Nutritionist, Pharmacist and owner of Atlas Drug and Nutrition at 8416 Kennedy Boulevard in North Bergen, New Jersey.
As an anti-aging specialist, Tony often helps people dealing with complex or “vague” illnesses when traditional providers are at a loss. His website http://atlasdrugandnutrition.com, also provides practical help for people struggling with weight gain, hormone imbalance, diabetes, or high cholesterol. Request a free consultation today. Have a question you’d like to see addressed here? Tell Tony via the contact page on our site.