Hoboken student allegedly involved in school sex assault to be sentenced Thursday

×

HOBOKEN–One of the four students charged in connection with last November’s alleged sexual assault at Hoboken High School is scheduled to be sentenced on Thursday, June 14.
Hoboken resident Amir Goodwin, age 18, pleaded guilty to the accusation for Invasion of Privacy in violation of N.J.S. 2C:14-9(b) on April 11, according to the Hudson County Prosecutor’s spokesperson Ray Worrall.
Four teens were charged on Nov. 30 for involvement in an incident that day, in which some or all of them allegedly forced a 17-year-old girl into a room at the school, and allegedly forced her to perform a sex act. The incident was reportedly caught on school videotape and on a student’s cellphone.
Investigators did not release the names of the other students because they are under 18. A 17-year-old juvenile was charged with one count of aggravated sexual assault, aggravated criminal sexual contact and kidnapping.
The two 16-year-old juveniles were charged with one count each of conspiracy to commit aggravated sexual assault, conspiracy to commit kidnapping, and aggravated criminal sexual contact.
The victim told CBS at that time that the boys (allegedly) pushed her into a storage closet when she was heading to her next class. She said that she told them “no” and tried to scream, but they pulled her shirt above her head and pulled her pants and bra down.
Last week, Superintendent of Schools Christine Johnson said she could not comment on the case or the students allegedly involved. When asked if the students are still receiving home instruction, including the victim, Johnson said, “Because they are students, the district cannot violate their privacy by discussing their educational program.”
At the time of the incident in November, a source close to the administration said the students were receiving home instruction.