These are the USCIS Legal Immigration Medical Exam Requirements, Forms (I-693), to be completed in 48 hours or less for person who enter America legally. Illegal immigrants do not undergo these tests at all.
1) A medical history
2) Physical examination
3) Chest X-ray and blood tests for syphilis.
4) The physical examination will include at a minimum:
examination of the eyes, ears, nose and throat, extremities, heart, lungs, abdomen, lymph nodes, skin and external genitalia.
5) Mental Issues include retardation and learning disabilities in which a medical report that outlines your problems and special requirements regarding education or supervision.
If you had any history of harmful or violent behavior resulting in injury to people or animals, or harm inanimate objects, you must provide information that will allow the panel physician to determine if the behavior was related to any psychiatric medical problem, or to drug or alcohol abuse. Harmful behavior includes attempted suicide or self-harm, no matter how minor in nature.
6) Tuberculosis: if you had tuberculosis, you must provide a written certificate from and signed by your doctor that proves you were adequately treated.
7) Syphilis: if you had syphilis, you must provide a written and signed certificate from your doctor that proves you were adequately treated.
8) Chronic Medical Condition: If you are being treated for chronic medical problems or are taking medications on a regular basis, your doctor should prepare a certificate outlining the problems, the current treatment, and prognosis. You must bring a list of any medications that you are taking.
9) Menstrual Period: Female applicants can go through the medical examination even during her menstrual period.