What is meant by Star Chamber? An infamous abuse of governmental power was the Star Chamber Courts of 16th and 17th Century England. Unlike regular courts, Star Chambers had the power to punish people for anything the king and his power structure didn’t like, even if no law was violated. The court sentenced people to punishments without telling them who accused them, who the witnesses against them were, what the witnesses said, or what law they violated, usually because no actual, written law was violated.
• In modern usage, we all know from Clint Eastwood “Dirty Harry” movies how/what the “Star Chamber” was used; and when a politician or high official used his/her legal privilege to examine and then exculpate or condemn a powerful organization or person–the result was usually fatal. The use of the “Star Chamber” was demolished in 1806.
• But now the Democrats Are Constructing An Impeachment Star Chamber of Whistleblowers and Leakers.
• Weaponization of whistleblower laws is yet another breach of norms in an effort to unwind the 2016 election and manipulate the 2020 election. Circulating claims of Trump-Russian collusion prior to the 2016 election didn’t work.
• Using foreign-supplied fake intelligence, from a British spy who utilized Russian sources, to obtain surveillance of the Trump campaign and transition team didn’t work.
• Intimidating Electoral College Electors to change their votes after the election didn’t work.
• Having the Director of the FBI lie to, set up and try to entrap the president didn’t work.
• Having that same FBI Director leak memos to the media to manufacture grounds for a Special Counsel didn’t work.
• Trying to invoke the 25th Amendment to declare the president unable to perform the job didn’t work.
• Two years of the Mueller Investigation didn’t work.
• Three years of a permanent crisis news cycle meant to paralyze the administration didn’t work.
• since 2016 election, Democrats and the mainstream media are trying a new tactic: Create a Star Chamber “impeachment” process fueled by anonymous whistleblowers and selective leaks that is not so much designed to remove the president, though they would if they could, but to manipulate the 2020 election.
• Our nation’s founders were intellectuals and students of history. To prevent emergence of a star chamber in America they added the Fifth, and Sixth Amendments to the US Constitution, setting forth certain rights that must be afforded to persons accused of crimes. Here’s the Sixth Amendment: the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed.