Hoboken man arrested after allegedly throwing a bottle at a police officer

Hoboken man arrested after allegedly throwing a bottle at a police officer

On Saturday, May 30, at about 10:59 p.m. Officer Shelby Seickendick was pulled over in her marked patrol car and was speaking to a resident of the Hoboken Housing Authority, when she heard an unknown individual within a group say that they were going to start a riot.

The resident Officer Seickendick was talking to walked away and within seconds someone from the group threw a glass bottle at Officer Seickendick, which landed by her driver side door.

Officer Seickendick pulled away and was told by her command to stay out of the area for now.

Officer Seickendick was not injured, and no further incident was reported from the group.

Detective Michael Losurdo and Officer Ryan Houghton investigated the incident and identified two men who were allegedly involved and threw two glass bottles at the officer.

They identified them as Hoboken residents Hakeem High, 29, and  Bilal Gilyard, 19.

Police charged them both with Aggravated Assault, Possession of Weapon for Unlawful Purpose, Unlawful Possession of Weapons, and Riot and issued warrants for their arrest.

On June 13, at about 4:31 a.m.  High was at Hoboken University Medical Center being treated for injuries he sustained from a physical altercation that occurred in the area of Fifth and Jackson Street.

As a result of the altercation,  High was additionally charged with Disorderly Conduct.

Once High was medically cleared, Officer John Herman, Officer Christopher Barral, and Officer Joseph Spano advised High that he was being placed under arrest for the above-mentioned warrant as well as for Disorderly Conduct.

High allegedly resisted by putting a mobile medicine cabinet between himself and the officers.

Once the officers removed the barrier they attempted to place handcuffs on High but he allegedly continued to resist by using force against the arresting officers and making threats.

Once High was placed in handcuffs he was transported to police headquarters for processing.

At headquarters, High allegedly refused to be fingerprinted and photographed.

High was additionally charged with Aggravated Assault on Police Officers, Terroristic Threats, and Refusal to be Fingerprinted and Photographed.

High was committed to the Hudson County Correctional Facility. He and Gilyard are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

No posts to display