Six people have been displaced after a two alarm fire, according to a statement from Bayonne Fire Chief Keith Weaver.
The BFD responded to 42 Trask Avenue for a reported fire on the rear deck of a house. Firefighters found a heavy fire and smoke condition on the third floor rear of the building.
Companies stretched three hose lines to extinguish the fire and prevent it from spreading to nearby homes. The fire was caused by a propane tank on the rear deck, which added fuel to the blaze.
The fire was placed under control at 12:50 p.m. One civilian suffered a minor injury at the scene and was treated by EMS.
Six people are displaced from the home until repairs can be completed. Four of the displaced residents are under the care of the Bayonne Office of Emergency Management and the Red Cross.
An investigation of the May 1 fire has determined that it was accidental.
For updates on this and other stories, check www.hudsonreporter.com and follow us on Twitter @hudson_reporter. Daniel Israel can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.