Hoboken will host the annual Sept. 11 Interfaith Memorial Service on Saturday to mark the 20th anniversary of the attacks. The service will take place on Pier A next to the Hoboken 9/11 Memorial in the northwest area of the park at 6 p.m.
The list of people attending the service are:
- Hoboken Mayor Ravi Bhalla
- Assemblywoman Annette Chaparro
- Hudson County Commissioner Anthony Romao
- Council President Ruben Ramos
- Rev. Dr. Elaine Thomas of All Saints Episcopal Church
- Commander of American Legion Post 107 John Carey
- Msgr. Michael Andreano of the Catholic Community of Saints Peter and Paul
- Rev. Dr. Gary LeCroy of St. Matthew Trinity Lutheran Church
- Audrey Merwen of United Synagogue of Hoboken
- April Harris of In Jesus’ Name Charities
- Rev. Mark Schol of the Community Church of Hoboken
- Rev. Dr. Elaine Ellis Thomas of All Saints Episcopal Parish
- Chaplain Marjorie Boyden-Edmonds of Hoboken University Medical Center
- Rebecca Pitcher
- April Harris
Hoboken lost 56 residents in the attacks, the most of any zip code outside of New York City.
The city has asked residents who attend the event who are not vaccinated to wear face masks.