Hoboken is opening a number of pop-up COVID-19 vaccine booster clinics at senior buildings this week for those eligible to receive a fourth dose, following federal regulatory approval last week.
The Health Department and Hoboken Family Pharmacy will be offering Pfizer and Moderna booster shots for those eligible, including those immuno-compromised and those over 50-years-old who received their last booster shot at least four months ago.
“It is critical that we continue to ensure that our most vulnerable residents have access to this additional booster dose to increase their protection against severe COVID-19 symptoms,” said Mayor Ravi Bhalla in a statement. “I encourage all those eligible to go and get their second booster dose as soon as possible.”
The schedule is as follows:
- Monday, April 4, Marion Towers at 400 First Street from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Monday, April 4, Columbian Towers at 76 Bloomfield Street from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 5, Monroe Gardens at 221 Jackson Street from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 5, Adams Gardens at 220 Adams Street from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 6, 1 Marineview Plaza from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Thursday, April 7, 15 Church Towers from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Thursday, April 7, Columbian Arms at 514 Madison Street from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday, April 8, Fox Hills at 311 13th Street from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Those seeking a booster shot must bring their vaccine card. For a complete schedule or to book an appointment, go to www.hobokennj.gov/covid-19-resources.
For updates on this and other stories, check hudsonreporter.com and follow us on Twitter @hudson_reporter. Mark Koosau can be reached at email@example.com or his Twitter @snivyTsutarja.