Hudson County Community College (HCCC) and Cannademix will co-host a daylong special event, “The Cannabis Culture of New Jersey: A Community Cannabis Conversation.” The FREE event will take place Thursday, June 23, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the HCCC Culinary Conference Center, 161 Newkirk Street, Jersey City – just two blocks from the Journal Square PATH Transportation Center.
HCCC President, Dr. Christopher Reber, and Cannademix Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Josh Alb, will deliver welcoming remarks. Event highlights will include a daylong Expungement Clinic; presented by The Hoffman Centers, P.C. and Emerge Law Group; culinary infusion demonstrations with HCCC Continuing Education Instructor, Sean Wilson; mocktail bar; networking room; photo station; community donation center; and free food, beverages, and livestream.
There will also be panel discussions with community and industry leaders on timely topics:
- “Educating Our Community”with Jessica Gonzalez, Esq.; Students for Sensible Drug Policy President, Jason Ortiz, HCCC Associate Dean of Business, Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management, Dr. Ara Karakashian; HCCC Director of Continuing Education and Workforce Development, Chastity Farrell; and LIM College Director of Cannabis Education, Mike Z.
- “The Cannabusiness Experience”with NJ Cannabis Business Association President, Edward DeVeaux; Minority Cannabis Business Association Executive Director, Amber Littlejohn; Cannaclusive Director of Community & Strategy, Kassia Grahm; Sanna CBD Yoga founder, Salam Diri; and Nabis Director of Marketing & Partnerships, Jennifer Seo.
- “Cannabis & the Culinary Arts”with NJ Cannabis Insider Cannabis Life Reporter, Gabby Warren; Chef for Higher founder, “Hawaii” Mike Salman; Mikey Likes It Ice Cream founder and owner, Michael “Mikey” Cole; and Alb Labs Chief Production Officer, Bruce Bernstein.
- “Current State of Cannabis”with Jersey City Ward D Councilman, Youef Saleh; Jersey City Cannabis Control Board Chair, Brittani Bunney; Law Office of Rosemarie Moyeno Matos LLC Managing Member, Rosemarie Moyeno Matos; and NJ Cannabis Insider Content Lead, Jelani Gibson.
- “Restoring Our Communities: A Call to Action”with former New Jersey Governor and Executive Director of New Jersey Reentry, Jim McGreevey; The National Cannabis Party President, Sephida Artis-Mills; Shryne Group Vice President of Special Operations, Audie Veraga; and Sol JC Community Organizer, Taina Spicer.
- “New Jersey Cannabis Culture”with New York Giants retired Super Bowl Champion, Jonathan Castillas, and Cannademix President and Founder, Joshua Alb.
For the event schedule and information, please visit https://tinyurl.com/culturehecc. For more information, contact HCCC Director of Continuing Education and Workforce Development, Chastity Farrell at firstname.lastname@example.org.