The year’s most eagerly awaited horse racing spectacle is upon us! As usual, we’re ready and armed with the latest and most competitive Cheltenham odds worth claiming.
In the last Cheltenham Festival, our proficient horse betting experts forecasted numerous winners, marking it a notable triumph.
They’re all set to repeat the feat this year, and we’ve compiled all the details right here for you. Get top-notch betting tips, predictions, and insights, and scoop competitive odds at the leading UK horse racing sites, including FreshBet, our top pick.
Ready, set, go!
Check out our guide below to see why these are the best Cheltenham betting sites and the horse racing bonuses available on each site.
Cheltenham Festival Races 2024 Preview
The Cheltenham Festival, a four-day extravaganza of horse racing, is set to take place from March 12 to 15, 2024. The event is held at the prestigious Cheltenham Racecourse.
The Festival culminates in the Cheltenham Gold Cup, one of the most anticipated races, scheduled for Friday, March 15, at 15:30.
The Gold Cup has a rich history of producing memorable races and champions, and this year’s edition is expected to be no different.
Cheltenham Racecourse is known for its undulating, left-handed track with challenging fences and a gruelling uphill finish. These features often benefit horses with stamina and jumping ability. The course’s conditions can vary depending on the weather, but the ground usually ranges from good to soft in March.
Looking back at previous winners of the Gold Cup, there doesn’t seem to be a clear commonality. The race has been won by both favourites and outsiders, older experienced horses and young upstarts.
Success in the Gold Cup often comes down to a blend of form, fitness, and the ability to handle the unique challenges of the Cheltenham course.
As for potential entries for the 2024 Cheltenham Gold Cup, it’s an impressive lineup, although final decisions haven’t been made yet. Some of the noteworthy entrants include:
- Ahoy Senor: An impressive young horse who has shown promise in his early career.
- Envoi Allen: A proven performer with several big wins under his belt.
- Galopin Des Champs: The winner of the 2021 Stayers’ Hurdle at Cheltenham, this horse could be a strong contender.
- Monkfish: Another highly-rated horse with a strong track record.
- Shishkin: A talented jumper with a good turn of speed.
The Gold Cup is known for its unpredictability, and any of these horses could potentially emerge as the winner. But as always in horse racing, anything can happen on the day.
How to Sign Up and Bet on Cheltenham Festival Races
All it takes to place bets on Cheltenham Festival championship races can be summed up in 4 steps. It won’t take more than five minutes to sign up and get the best Cheltenham odds online!
- Sign Up at a Cheltenham Betting Site
- Visit the Cheltenham betting site you opt for (we recommend FreshBet).
- Click the sign-up button to activate the registration form.
- Fill out the required info.
- Accept the T&Cs.
- Verify Your Registration
- The bookmaker will send you an email.
- Click the verification link within the email.
- Log in to your new account.
- Deposit and Claim a Horse Racing Bonus
- Enter the cashier, and set your payment option.
- Make the minimum deposit required (usually $20).
- Claim your welcome bonus.
- Check the Latest Betting Odds and Place Your First Cheltenham Bet
- Enter the Horse Racing section and see the upcoming Cheltenham Festival odds.
- Feel free to compare odds and then form your bet slip.
- Enjoy betting on the Cheltenham Festival!
Cheltenham Festival Betting Guide
If you’re new to betting on the Cheltenham Festival or placing wagers at horse racing betting sites in general, understanding the lingo is crucial.
Here’s a brief guide to some of the key Cheltenham betting terms you’ll encounter:
- Cheltenham Odds: This represents the likelihood of a particular outcome happening. If a horse has odds of 4/1, it means for every £1 you bet, you will win £4 if that horse wins the race.
- Stake: The amount of money you are willing to bet.
- Return: In betting, this is the total amount of money you will receive if your bet wins. This includes your initial stake.
- Each-Way Bet (EW): This is two bets in one. Half your stake is on the horse to win, and half is on it to place. The number of places paid out will depend on the race and the bookmaker.
- Single Bet: Here, this is a bet on one selection. If that selection wins, so do you.
- Double Bet: This is simply a bet on two selections. Both must win for you to see a return.
- Treble Bet: A bet on three selections. All three must win for you to see a return.
- Accumulator Bet (Acca): Accas are simply bets on four or more selections. All must win for you to see a return.
- Non-Runner: A horse that was initially entered in a race but is not participating.
- Ante-Post Betting: Betting well in advance of the event. Ante-Post betting odds can be higher, but there’s a risk — if your horse becomes a non-runner, you lose your stake.
- Starting Price (SP): The odds of a horse at the time the race begins.
- Favourite: The horse deemed most likely to win the race by the bookmakers.
- Long Shot: A horse with high odds indicating it is not expected to win.
- Rule 4: A deduction applied if a horse is withdrawn from a race after your bet has been placed. The deduction is based on the odds of the retired horse.
- Tote Betting: Instead of fixed odds, payouts are determined by the size of the betting pool.
Best Betting Sites for Cheltenham Odds
Now, let’s see the best UK betting sites that offer the most competitive Cheltenham Festival betting odds.
1. FreshBet: Best Site for Cheltenham Festival Odds Overall
- Accepts crypto, including XMR
- £500 sign-up offer
- Live streaming capabilities
- Best Cheltenham horse racing odds
- 3+1 free bet offer
- A bit busy homepage
- Lacks phone support
For horse racing enthusiasts, FreshBet offers an exceptional betting experience, particularly when it comes to the Cheltenham Festival.
This horse racing betting site provides competitive odds for every race at Cheltenham, covering each galloping stride from the Parade Ring to the last furlong.
Essential information about each horse, including age and weight, is readily available, aiding bettors to make informed decisions. And with live streaming services, not a single moment of the exhilarating action is missed.
Staying ahead of the curve, FreshBet also offers regular promotions and cashback options, enhancing the betting experience and rewarding the passion for horse racing. As a new customer, you are eligible to claim a 100% first-deposit match bonus worth up to £500.
2. MyStake: Best Cheltenham Betting Site for Advanced Wagers
- Double your 1st deposit up to £500
- Worldwide horse racing coverage
- Live betting and bet builder available
- Detailed Cheltenham betting info
- 15+ betting promotions
- Crowded homepage
- Might take time to get used to layout
Since its inception in 2020, MyStake has risen to prominence as a top online betting site and has proven to be an elite spot for horse race betting as well.
They deliver consistently strong odds, featuring events from across the globe, including locations such as the UK, South Africa, the US, and Chile.
For the Cheltenham Festival, MyStake offers information for each horse, covering details like age and weight. Not only do they provide live streaming for every race, but we also foresee exclusive Cheltenham deals at boosted odds once the event kicks off.
Embracing the future, MyStake supports both cryptocurrencies and conventional fiat currencies.
Regular promotional activities include elevated odds, daily contests, and a crypto cashback of 10% on losses.
3. GoldenBet: Top Cheltenham Betting Site for Mobile Bettors
- Fantastic mobile interface
- £500 sign-up boost
- 3+1 free bet
- Live graphics on many sports events
- Also offers virtual sports and eSports markets
- Average payment variety
- Rather simplistic theme
If you’re looking to place Cheltenham Festival bets using your mobile device, GoldenBet is our top pick and stands out as one of the best sports betting apps.
The platform does a fine job transferring its complete offerings to the mobile version, including the £500 welcome bonus and 3+1 Free Bet promotion.
The mobile optimisation extends to the GoldenBet horse racing coverage, which covers a wide array of markets and global racing events. The platform is recognised for its live score, results, standings, and detailed match information.
While the site could use a few more payment methods, it does cover major bank cards and Bitcoin. GoldenBet is easy to navigate and also stands out among the best eSports betting sites if you’re looking for a break from horse wagers.
4. BetOnline: Best Cheltenham Festival Betting Bonuses
- $25 horse racing free bet
- 50% welcome bonus up to $1,000
- 20+ years in the industry
- Premium design
- 20+ payment options
- Card transaction fees
- Higher deposit on some bonuses
BetOnline is a globally recognised platform with a reputation stretching back over 20 years and has become known for offering some of the best sports betting promos online.
It has consistently provided enticing enhanced odds and specials for the Cheltenham festival.
Notably, BetOnline offers a daily 9% horse rebate throughout the Cheltenham festival season and beyond, with no restrictions on its usage, plus a $25 horse racing free bet. Also, bettors can take advantage of 25% in reload bonuses on deposits exceeding $100.
As the Cheltenham festival draws closer, bettors can place a variety of bets, including parlays and exotic wagers — these offerings can be found in the dedicated Racebook section. The platform caters to both high-rollers and beginners, making it a versatile betting site.
Furthermore, BetOnline is counted amongst the top Bitcoin casinos online, supporting more than a dozen cryptocurrencies and other conventional payment options.
5. SportsBetting: Best Cheltenham Live Betting Odds
- Best odds for live horse racing
- 20+ payment alternatives
- $500 1st and 2nd deposit bonus
- Revamped design
- Dedicated racing bonuses
- Average variety of markets overall
- Debit card fees
SportsBetting.ag is another reputable betting platform. This UK bookmaker boasts over 2 decades in the industry and full support for over 15 crypto banking methods, making it one of the best Bitcoin betting sites online.
The platform offers a $25 free bet in the racebook and a 100% welcome bonus to set you off on the right foot for the Cheltenham festival. Moreover, they provide a 9% horse racing rebate throughout the year.
With SportsBetting.ag, changing your bets into different forms such as straight bets, exacta bets, trifecta bets, superfecta bets, daily doubles, or pick 3 or pick 5 is a breeze.
It offers multiple betting avenues on the Cheltenham Racecourse, making it an ideal platform for both novice and seasoned bettors.
And then there’s the live betting section, with some of the best odds for live betting in the industry.
Best Cheltenham Festival Bonuses
Whether you’re looking for deposit bonuses, money-back deals, or enhanced odds guaranteed, there are plenty of offers to grab out there. Here are some of our favourites.
FreshBet – 10% Loyalty Bonus
By depositing $50 or more at FreshBet, you will receive a 10% Loyalty Bonus. You can score up to £500 in loyalty bonuses just for depositing funds at this betting site!
MyStake – £500 First Deposit Bonus
New users can double their initial deposit at MyStake, with the site offering a 100% bonus match of up to £500. Just make sure to deposit at least £20 to qualify.
GoldenBet – 100% up to £500 Bonus
Similar to MyStake, new users at GoldenBet are welcomed with a 100% welcome bonus that allows them to score up to £500 in welcome bonuses for the races. Similarly, a minimum of £20 is required to qualify.
BetOnline – $25 Risk-Free Horse Racing Bet
BetOnline offers a $25 free play deal to all new horse racing fans. You simply need to place your bet, and if it’s not a winner, you will receive up to $25 of your money back.
SportsBetting – Two $500 Deposit Bonuses
SportsBetting.ag is doubling what other sites have to offer. New users are treated to two $500 deposit bonuses on their first two deposits — that’s up to $1,000 if you max out both offers!
Key Information About the Latest Cheltenham Festival Odds
Alright, let’s dive into the nitty-gritty of the Cheltenham Festival. This isn’t just any horse racing event; it’s a thrilling spectacle that draws in fans from around the globe. Here’s what you need to know:
- When Is the Cheltenham Festival 2024?: This festival kicks off on March 12 and runs until March 15, 2024 – four days of heart-pounding, hoof-thumping action.
- Where is the Cheltenham Festival 2024 Held?: The races take place at the legendary Cheltenham Racecourse, nestled in the beautiful Cotswold hills in England.
- What Channel(s) Is Cheltenham Festival On?: You can catch all the races live on ITV Racing in the UK. For those abroad, many sports networks and online platforms will be broadcasting the event.
- Venue Info: Cheltenham Racecourse is known for its challenging, left-handed track and notorious uphill finish. It’s a course that tests each horse’s stamina and jumping prowess.
- Defending Champ: The defending champ varies depending on the race. The Cheltenham Festival 2023 Gold Cup winner is Galopin Des Champs.
- Prize Money: The prize money is hefty, with the Cheltenham Gold Cup 2023 alone boasting a pot of over £625,000. The winning horse takes the lion’s share, but payouts usually extend to the first five places.
- Additional Info: The festival is home to 28 races, including the Champion Hurdle, Queen Mother Champion Chase, Ryanair Chase, and, of course, the Gold Cup. It’s a celebration of the very best in jump racing.
Remember, the Cheltenham Festival isn’t just about the racing. There’s also a buzzing atmosphere, fantastic food and drink, live music, and plenty of entertainment.
So whether you’re a die-hard racing fan or just looking for a great day out, the Cheltenham Festival is an event not to be missed.
Where to Bet on the Cheltenham Festival?
When it comes to betting on the Cheltenham Festival, you have many options. However, one online bookmaker stands out from the crowd – FreshBet. Here’s why:
- Competitive Cheltenham Odds: FreshBet offers some of the most competitive odds in the industry for all the races at the Cheltenham Festival. Whether you’re backing a favourite or an outsider, you can be sure you’re getting value for your money.
- Generous £500 Welcome Bonus: If you’re new to FreshBet, they’ll welcome you with open arms and a great bonus. When you sign up and make your first deposit, you can claim a bonus of up to £500. That’s a serious boost to your betting bankroll!
- Advanced Bet Builder: FreshBet’s advanced bet builder allows you to customise your bets to suit your preferences. You can combine different bets, choose from a wide range of markets, and even adjust your stake and the potential return in real time.
- Comprehensive Coverage: With FreshBet, you won’t miss a single race. They offer complete coverage of the Cheltenham Festival, so you can bet on every race, from the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle to the Gold Cup.
- User-Friendly Platform: FreshBet’s website is easy to navigate, making it simple to find the races and bets you’re interested in. Plus, their mobile app lets you bet on the go, so you never have to miss a moment of the action.
Why Bet on Cheltenham Festival Races
Betting on the Cheltenham Festival is an experience like no other.
Whether you’re a seasoned punter or new to the game, here are a few reasons why you should consider placing your wagers on this prestigious event at the best UK betting sites.
- Top-Class Racing: The Cheltenham Festival showcases the crème de la crème of jump racing. With the best horses, jockeys, and trainers battling it out over four action-packed days, you’ll have plenty of exciting betting opportunities.
- Year-Round Availability: Unlike many other horse racing events, you can bet on the top Cheltenham races even months in advance. This means you can take advantage of early odds and potentially secure a bigger payout.
- Deposit Bonuses and Free Bets: Many online bookmakers offer free bets for the Cheltenham Festival, allowing you to minimise risk while still enjoying the thrill of the bet.
- Multiple Betting Options: From single bets on your favourite horse to multiple bets across different races, the betting options are almost endless. You can even combine several races in one bet to try and increase your winnings.
- Online Convenience: Betting online gives you the flexibility to place your bets anytime, anywhere. Plus, with detailed race cards, odds grid, expert tips, and live streaming services available at your fingertips, you’ll have all the information you need to make informed decisions.
Cheltenham Festival 2024 Analysis & Predictions
While we can’t predict specific Cheltenham Festival 2024 winners at this stage, we can look at trends from previous years to see what kind of horse might have the edge.
- The Gold Cup Galloper: The Gold Cup, the highlight of the festival, often favours horses with proven stamina. It’s a gruelling race, so look out for horses that have performed well over longer distances. Late closers — those horses that save their energy for a strong finish — have often done well here.
- The Fresh Frontrunner: Horses that have had a decent amount of time off before the festival tend to perform well. They’re fresh, well-rested, and ready to give their all. If a horse has had a break of around 60 days or more before the event, it might be one to watch.
- The Proven Performer: Experience counts for a lot at Cheltenham. Horses that have run well at the festival before, particularly those that have won or placed in previous years, often do well. It’s a unique course, and horses that have proven they can handle it are always worth considering.
- The Odds-On Outsider: While favourites do win at Cheltenham, it’s often the horses with odds of around 12/1 to 20/1 that provide the best value. These horses are usually competitive without carrying the weight of expectation, leading to some exciting races and potentially big wins.
- The Young Jumper: In the Novice Hurdle races, keep an eye on the younger, up-and-coming horses. These Novices Chase races often bring out the stars of the future, and a strong performance here could signal a bright career ahead.
Which Types of Bets Can I Place on the Cheltenham Festival?
At the Cheltenham Festival, the excitement isn’t just about the races — it’s also about the variety of bets you can place that adds a whole new layer of strategy and fun.
Here are some of the popular bets you can place during the festival at most UK and European betting sites:
- Single Win Bet: This is the most straightforward bet. You simply back a horse to win a specific race. For example, if you think ‘Lucky Clover’ has what it takes to win the Gold Cup, you place a single win bet on it. If ‘Lucky Clover’ finishes first, you win your bet.
- Each-Way Bet: Here, you’re placing a two-part bet: half of your stake is on your selected horse to win, and the other half is for it to ‘place’. So, if you place an each-way qualifying bet on ‘Rapid Runner’ in a race with specified places up to third, you’ll win the ‘place’ part of your bet if ‘Rapid Runner’ finishes anywhere in the top three.
- Tricasts and Trifectas: These are high-risk, high-reward bets. With a Tricast, you’re predicting the first, second, and third horses in the exact order. A Trifecta is similar, but it allows you to place a pool bet through the Tote rather than with a bookmaker.
- Exacta: When betting an Exacta, you predict the first two horses to finish in the correct order. For example, you might bet an Exacta on ‘Speedy Comet’ to finish first and ‘Galactic Galloper’ to finish second.
- Ante-Post Bet: This is a long-term bet where you predict the outcome of a race well before it’s due to start. For instance, you could place an Ante-Post Bet on ‘Mighty Mare’ to win the Champion Hurdle months before the Cheltenham Festival begins.
- Double and Treble Bets: With these bets, punters select the winners of two or three races. For example, if you place a Double Bet on ‘Golden Glory’ to win the first race and ‘Silver Sprinter’ to win the second, both horses must win for your bet to pay out.
- Tote Betting: Finally, we have Tote Betting, which is a form of pool betting where all stakes go into a pot, and the winnings are divided among those who made the correct predictions. It’s a fun way to bet, particularly if you’re part of a group.
Cheltenham Betting Odds – FAQ Guide
Which Betting Site Has the Best Cheltenham Festival Odds?
Without a doubt, FreshBet is the betting site with the best Cheltenham Festival odds overall, offering top-tier coverage and plenty of bet types to choose from.
Should I Consider Speed Ratings and Pace for Cheltenham Bets?
Yes, bettors should consider speed ratings and pace when placing Cheltenham bets.
Speed ratings and pace can offer valuable insights into a horse’s potential. However, they’re part of a larger picture.
Also, consider form, fitness, and suitability for the course when placing your bets. It’s about analysing multiple factors for a well-rounded bet.
What Is the Best Bet Type for Cheltenham Betting?
If you like to play it safe, single win bets are the best wagers for Cheltenham betting.
For those who enjoy a bit of complexity and higher stakes, try Tricasts, Trifectas, or Exactas. Meanwhile, daily NAPs, Lucky 15s, and Best Bets are popular among seasoned punters.
How Do Cheltenham Betting Odds Work?
Cheltenham betting odds typically signify two things: the likelihood of the horse winning and the amount you’ll get back if you win the bet.
For instance, if a horse is priced at 1/4, it means that the horse has a great chance of winning. So if you bet £4, you’ll win £1. In contrast, if a horse has odds of 10/1, this signifies a low probability of winning.
Is Cheltenham Betting Safe?
Are You Ready to Place Cheltenham Bets Online?
We hope you enjoyed our dive into the latest betting odds for Cheltenham Festival races because that’s a wrap!
Again, FreshBet offers some of the best and most competitive Cheltenham odds, but take your time, look around, compare odds for specific wagers you wish to place, and consult our FAQ library.
And as you bet on the races, remember to always stick to responsible gambling!
DISCLAIMER: The information on this site is for entertainment purposes only. Gambling comes with its fair share of risks, and it’s important to recognize that when using online gambling sites.
All gambling sites on this page are 21+ only. Check your local laws to ensure that online gambling is legal in your jurisdiction.
If you have a gambling addiction problem or anyone you know does, call the National Gambling Helpline at 1-800-522-4700. In addition, the following free gambling addiction resources can be of help: