Sep 09, 2012 | 3099 views | 0 0 comments | 378 378 recommendations | email to a friend | print

Although the official dedication of Hudson County Park took place in 1916, it was a hundred years ago in 1912 that the park (now called the Stephen R. Gregg Hudson County Bayonne Park) first opened to the public. Peal Collection partners, Priscilla Ege and Alice Lotosky, invite the public to celebrate this centennial by taking a 90-minute “Park by Design” tour, free to the public, of the landmark on Saturday, Sept. 15 at 10 a.m. The guest tour guide will be Dr. Carmela A. Karnoutsos, professor emerita, New Jersey City University, who will discuss the park’s history, design, and architectural features. The group meets at the park entrance, 40th Street and Avenue C. Call (201) 437-6069 and leave a call back number. (No rain date)

Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet