Explore the latest injury updates from the Miami Dolphins, featuring crucial developments for key players like Jerome Baker, Andrew Van Ginkel, and Jaylen Waddle as the team faces crucial matches.
Miami Dolphins Injury Update
As the Miami Dolphins approach the crucial stages of their 2024 season, the team faces significant challenges due to a spate of injuries affecting key players. This is the current injury situation, the potential impact on the team’s performance and playoff aspirations.
- Jerome Baker: Linebacker Jerome Baker is out for the season due to a wrist injury requiring surgery. This came as a shock announcement from Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel. Baker had just returned from a previous knee issue before sustaining this latest injury against the Buffalo Bills.
- Andrew Van Ginkel: Linebacker Andrew Van Ginkel is likely out for the playoffs following a foot injury sustained in the same game against the Bills. The specifics regarding whether he needs surgery were not detailed by McDaniel.
- Cameron Goode: Goode tore his patellar tendon while covering a punt in the Bills game, adding to the Dolphins’ defensive woes.
- Jaylen Waddle and Raheem Mostert: Both wide receiver Jaylen Waddle and running back Raheem Mostert, who missed the Week 17 game due to ankle injuries, were still in contention to play in Week 18. Their participation was uncertain, as they were limited in practice but had not been ruled out.
- Xavien Howard: Cornerback Xavien Howard was ruled out for Week 18 but was expected to return for the playoffs. He suffered a non-season-ending foot injury.
- Bradley Chubb: Pass rusher Bradley Chubb, suffering a season-ending ACL tear, was also ruled out.
Team Adjustments and Responses
The Dolphins are considering significant adjustments, including promoting players from the practice squad and potentially signing new players. Coaches and staff are working to manage the situation, with offensive coordinator Frank Smith emphasizing the challenges but also the team’s resilience.
These injury updates and team adjustments indicate a critical period for the Miami Dolphins as they navigate through these setbacks. The team’s adaptability and depth will be crucial in their upcoming games.