Thank you for you service to our community
Jan 13, 2013 | 1154 views | 0 0 comments | 4 4 recommendations | email to a friend | print

Dear Editor:

I want to publicly thank the Hoboken Fire Department for all of its help during Hurricane Sandy and in particular, with our building. The night of the storm, after the street and garage under our building flooded, we woke up to the smell of gasoline. Like many of our neighbors in the building, we were unable to leave with our young children.

Thank goodness for the brave firefighters who were able to open the garage and help clear the fumes from the building. The storm was scary enough, but the sickening smell of the fumes and the potential for what could happen with the gasoline (without being to escape because of the floods) was terrifying with a young toddler. Thank you, again, for your service to our community.

Best Regards,
Kate Hahn

Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet