North Bergen continues to make headway against the pandemic as more residents get vaccinated. As of June 4, 51 percent of Township residents were fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Another 12 percent have received a single dose, raising the total to 63 percent of adult residents who have received at least one dose. In comparison, 44 percent of residents were fully vaccinated around mid-May.
Due to vaccinations, things are finally beginning to return to normal, according to the town.
Vaccinations are administered at the North Bergen Recreation Center, 6300 Meadowview Avenue. To register for ages 12 to 17, call 201-392-2084. Adults can register 24/7 at northbergenvaccine.org.
Anyone age 18 or above who lives, works, or goes to school in North Bergen is eligible to receive the Moderna or Johnson & Johnson vaccine for free. Those 12 to 17 will receive the Pfizer vaccine and must be accompanied by an adult and have parent or guardian consent.
The township offers the Pfizer vaccine to anyone age 12 and up every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and every Monday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Hackensack Meridian Palisades Medical Center.
The service is free, no appointment necessary, no health insurance required, and any form of identification is accepted.
For more information visit hackensackmeridianhealth.org/COVID19.
Where to get vaccinated
There are other locations to get inoculated in the township.
To register at North Hudson Community Action Corp. at 1116 43rd St., call 201-210-0200.
To register at MyCare Pharmacy at 6101 Kennedy Blvd., call 201-854-0800. To register at Novecks Pharmacy at 7823 Bergenline Ave., call 201-869-1235.
To register at Palisades Medical Center at 7600 River Rd., call 201-854-5000 or go to hackensackmeridianhealth.org/COVID19.
To get vaccinated at Hudson Healthcare Express Urgent Care at 9225 Kennedy Blvd., suite D, call 201-603-2550.
The state is working with home health agencies to administer vaccines to homebound clients. Call 855-568-0545 or visit https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/nj-information/testing-and-treatment/how-can-i-get-the-covid-19-vaccine-if-im-homebound.
Free transportation is available to and from vaccination sites. For more information visit bit.ly/3tkqPkh.
For updates on this and other stories, check www.hudsonreporter.com and follow us on Twitter @hudson_reporter. Daniel Israel can be reached at email@example.com.